Monday, April 5, 2010

::garden beds and goat baths::



Today was the most amazing day!  We went to town to get supplies to make my new garden.  I was Josh's assistant and he got almost the entire bed frames done.  My main job was being company and bringing him drinks.  Just one more island bed and it will be ready for weed mat/compost!  Building something new makes me so excited.  I can't wait to see it when it's done.






I got out my fallen timber arbor that I made last year and set it in place.  It isn't bolted down yet, but it was wonderful to see it in place.  I built it on a fine summer day last year with Lily and Max helping.  It was so fun for us.  Of course once it was done Josh had to sneak over and add a bunch of screws to it to make it stable.    

Once we really got out in the yard and started laying it out we made some improvements to the original plan.    I think it is going to be even more amazing than I originally thought.  I am dreaming of an old english cottage garden.  I hope I can do it justice.  






While Josh was digging the post holes he found some of the old burnt up tools that we lost in our huge barn fire in the winter of 2003.  It reminded me that this garden is being placed on top of were a huge hole was dug and the burnt up barn was buried.  What a nice thing to go on top of that horrible mess.  I am going to tie them onto the arbor.  I think they are good luck now.  (No people or animals were hurt in the fire, but a new pickup truck did loose its life.)    




Max worked very hard to help us out.  




The Orkin man came out today to spray for ants and I almost kissed him on the mouth.  They were getting so bad I fully expected to see a sleeping Max get carried down the hall by the little buggers.  They just appear out of no were.  I think they are so creepy.  I have got no problem with them outside but they better get off the highchair or they are going down.  




Emma got a bee in her bonnet and talked Lily into giving the goats a bath.  The goats fought it every step of the way but it got done.  Please note that we all decided we had to wear bandana's today.  I'm not sure why.  I can't even begin to imagine were the kids found theirs.  


Lily fell and ran inside to make her own band-aid out of scotch tape and a cotton ball.  


We looked around once to find Max on top of Josh's pet car.  He climbed up all by himself.  


The weather was perfect and the company could not be beat.  It was one of those days that I wish I got to do over and over again.    

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails