Friday, April 16, 2010

::monkey cupcakes::

Here are the latest cupcakes of the week.  These were lots of fun.  Ice the base all over with chocolate.  Tint white icing light tan, place it in a ziplock, cut off the very tippy corner, and draw in the snout.  The ears are flattened milk duds with a dot of tan icing.  We ran out of black tinting so we ended up with a grayish color to draw in the mouth, nostrils, and eyes.  




I showed the kids how to make one and then they got a turn.  Since these were just for us I let them get crazy.  They each made one that was like mine and then they took artistic rights over.



Think they are so cute and sweet?  
Watch this video for the grand finale.







UndertheTableandDreaming

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through Views From My Kitchen Sink. I've been enjoying many of your posts. I particularly related to having to make my own chore chart. What a great idea. I too do some then let it slide. I also like your kids craft area, its true it needs to be out in the open. The photo shoots are great. I want to try some as well, there is always so much to learn with photography. People for sure are the hardest subjects, seeing as how they move and all : )
    Thanks for blogging,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the grand finale video..it's all about having fun!

    Thanks for joining the Sunday Showcase! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails