Monday, December 6, 2010

::pomegranate::


My sister turned me on to these a few years ago and I LOVE THEM!!!  They are kind of pricey at almost $2 per fruit, but they are a special holiday treat.  They are grown in the middle East, California, and Arizona (which is a question that I am supposed to know the answer too by everyone I recommend them to - so I looked it up).  They are only in season from about November till February, so we are enjoying them while we have them.  They are rather labor intensive, but its nothing that a herd of shorties can't take apart.  Once we have them all in a bowl, this way 5 fruits worth, we lightly salt them and then fight each other over who gets the most of them.  They also stain your fingers, but who cares.  Worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails