Saturday, February 19, 2011

::harry potter birthday party::

My friend Hannah had one week to pull it off.
I was still off work and I had the desire to help her.
She is a very busy PhD student and does not have time to mess around.
We got to work, and with the support and assistance of her wonderful family, Ben had a great party.  

Link here for tutorial on wall and  sign.  

My Max loved it.  


Cauldron cakes.
All printables are off Etsy and come from here.

Quidditch World Cup.
Very clever idea by Hannah. 


Hannah's sister Leah made the candy wands. 
Which I taste tested and they were as good as they looked.  

Hannah made chocolate frogs and blow pops dipped in pop rocks.
I hear she dipped them in honey to make it work. 

The golden snitch cake.


Root beer with pumpkin juice labels.  

Little sister Maren.
My favorite picture of the day. 

Hannah cut her finger open on a can, and nurse Brooke butterflied her up.  
She was very brave.
And her uncle that ran out for supplies was ADORABLE, like tearing up adorable. 

Cousin Mathew.  So handsome.  I am such a sucker for chocolate eyes.  

Hannah made letters coming out of the fireplace.  


My Lily added to the cuteness.  (see why I am a sucker for chocolate eyes?)

Hannah enjoying the feast.
The food was amazing. 

Hannah had another food table set up near the kitchen.
Harry Potter books helped decorate. 


And the birthday boy thinking of a wish.
Such a big guy.   

All printables available from a great shop on etsy called Loralee Lewis.  Check it out.  Prices were very reasonable.  

 UndertheTableandDreaming 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea for the letters coming out of the fireplace-that is awesome! The cauldron cakes look delicious and your platform sign looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the letters out of the fireplace idea! How were you able to hang them from the cieling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like a fabulous bash. That cake is looking fabulous. Last week I threw harry potter themed birthday party for my nephew. This was a family bash and was just fantastic. I had booked one of best Chicago venues for this bash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good blog you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about here? I'd really love to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Cheers!.photo booth rental for birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allyseek is a global matrimony website intended to help you find your life partner. The matrimonial platform connects people from different nationalities and races from anywhere in the world. Trusted by millions of Brides & Grooms globally. Register FREE!.
    Visit: Bahrain matrimony

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails