Wednesday, June 26, 2013

::magical road signs::



 Finally!
Finally!
Finally!
We have the signs hung!
This has been a side project since winter.
Every now and then I would get inspired and want to paint a sign or two.  Lily helped some, and we managed to have enough done to hang them up.  Of course Josh was in charge of construction - as usual.  The post is a junk tree that was straight enough to be sacrificed to the name of art.  Poor Josh had to hang signs while Lily and I nit picked each ones location and even made him move some around a few times. Quinny was happy to help.   

 
 Notice that Burk has burnt edges?  
Toothless is such a trouble maker. 


There is plenty of space to add more signs.  
Next on the agenda is Space Mountain.  

 And here is what happens when you take a babies drill away.  
Melt down. 



http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/originals/6a/38/4a/6a384ab0c370ca00615d20940f4b9a3d.jpgOne of the first projects I ever pinned on Pintrest was this one - I knew I had to make one.  How can we have this magical little farm and not have a magical whimsical kick A sign post?  I dug around one day trying to find the original source but could never located it.  I wanted to find out how they painted such perfect letters, did they use decals, stencil, what?  Then I found this link and I had the secret insider information.  I used her technique exactly and it worked.  Even Lily (age nine) could paint signs once I had traced the imprint.  It is really simple and much less time consuming than I initially feared.           











1 comment:

  1. i love this so, so, so, so, so much! i think our kids are all going to get along far too well... can't wait for them to all meet each other in just about one month!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails